Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Master Bedroom Mini Makeover from Pinterest Inspiration



Isn't it funny how we always put our bedroom décor on the back burner to everything else? Mine was painted with the best of intentions to do a cool finish on the ceiling but I've just never gotten to it.

I still like the aqua walls but the chocolate and aqua thing is getting a bit bland for me. Did I mention that part of my delay I revamping the room was the acquisition of a rescue mutt 4 years ago? You may remember from this post that she chewed up ALOT of pillows, comforters and sheet sets! When I saw this on Pinterest I loved the idea.


So my plan for this makeover will have several phases and will likely take all summer. It doesn't pay very well when I work on my own projects so paying jobs are always the priority. Here is my 6 step plan:
Bedding revamp
New finish for the trey ceiling
New lamps
Paint furniture - Thinking coral for the nightstands and cream with glaze for the dresser and armoire. Can't decide on painting the bed. I welcome your suggestions.
New paint color on trim
New artwork (likely created by me) and revamp some old accessories
We inherited this large elephant head when my mother-in-law passed away several years ago. Something she got while on safari in Africa? No, just a resin replica but I'm thinking about silver leafing him for the new makeover. (Someone really should take away my silver leafing before I try to cover my house with it.) I'm trying to talk my 17 year old into gold leafing the rims of his little Nissan 240sx. Wouldn't that be hip?!
I am contemplating making a trio of these paper flowers in varying sizes. I saw these on Little Miss Celebration's  blog.

DIY {Big} Paper Twist Door Flower! How-to at littlemisscelebration.com @CindyEikenberg
Anyway, I hope to work on these things in between the paying jobs, painting furniture to list on Etsy, blogging and many, many afternoons at the pool this summer. You can email or message me anytime you miss me this summer. :)

8 comments:

  1. Sandy, thanks for sharing the paper flower and I can't wait to see your finished makeover! The colors are beautiful and I know the finished room will be, too! Have a wonderful holiday weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cindy! I hope you have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend! Where did May go?!

      Delete
  2. love your ideas for painting the furniture. I think leafing the elephant is a fun idea. It will add more depth and dimension to him (or her). Can't wait to see the finished project! I

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nancy! I can't wait to see it either! Got my work cut out for me!

      Delete
  3. Oh I LOVE the coral! Such a soothing and happy color choice!
    -Jamie
    ChatterBlossom

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to see what you do with it! Can I just say that I like your room though. I love the colours you've chosen but your room is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mel! I would love to complete it soon but somehow I think there are fewer hours in a day...like global warming but the days are losing many minutes! Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  5. showlive視訊聊天網-視頻啪啪免費聊天室
    韓國視訊-台灣甜心女孩聊天室
    日本視訊-大秀聊天室
    line視訊-午夜聊天室大廳
    玩美女人影音秀-同城聊天室
    9158虛擬視訊-能看啪啪福利的直播app下載
    live173視訊-韓國美女主播視訊聊天室
    show live影音視訊網-ut視訊聊天室福利視頻
    showlive影音視訊聊天網-聊天室福利在線視頻
    台灣辣妹視訊聊天室-一對多聊天室福利
    台灣麗人視頻聊天室美女真人秀視頻網上聊天技巧大全日本AV電影種子下載ut聊天室
    台灣真人秀視頻女人坊美女視頻聊天室語音聊天網站日本最大成人色情網站聊天交友網
    好美眉女人聊天室直播間美女免費裸聊網妹妹聊90後性感美腿美女圖片男同志聊天室
    午夜午夜聊天交友聊天室大秀女人祼聊天網站全國最大成人色情圖片美腿美女豆豆聊天室
    9158熱舞聊天室熱舞秀聊天室美女熱舞視頻歐美辦公室色情美女圖3D成人影視論壇尋夢聊天

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...