Thursday, April 4, 2013

Decoupaged Washer Necklaces and Variegated Gold Leaf Washer Necklaces

I typically hope to inspire you by posting about furniture or wall and ceiling projects that I've been working on but I do enjoy other small, low key "projects". For whatever reason, I love to paint and craft with washers. I love the graphics on scrapbook papers and many of them create really cool washer necklaces. I thought I'd post a few of my most recent ones and a few of my more popular ones.

 
washer necklace, map decoupaged necklace, travel lover jewelry
Vintage Map Decoupaged Washer Necklace
black sheet music, washer necklace
Black Sheet Music Washer Necklace

diamond heart club spade, script text, washer necklace, collage
Vintage Look Playing Card Diamonds Washer Necklace
pink chevron, pink zig zag, decoupage washer necklace
Pink Chevron Decoupage Necklace


Blue Chevron Decoupage Washer Necklace
Blue Chevron Washer Necklace
 
I hope these new additions will be popular too. Which one is your favorite?
These are my two most popular decoupaged necklaces.
Sheet Music washer necklace, music lover jewelry
Off White Sheet Music Decoupaged Necklace
French Script Font Washer Necklace
French Script Font Washer Necklace
 
This is my most popular "painted" washer necklace. It's not really paint. It variegated gold leafing. If you've never seen it, words can't describe it. This necklace uses the blue variegated leafing.
 
It is my understanding with variegated leafing, that they take gold leaf and expose it to heat and it creates the varying patterns and colors. I have mostly used the black and the red in the past but I had some samples of the blue and realize it is my favorite. The colors are so amazing! Like a sunset meeting the ocean. I really makes a unique piece of jewelry as well. You can see these and other decoupaged and painted washer necklaces online in my Etsy shop.
A few years ago, we did an entire dining room in red variegated leafing. This is such a dramatic finish and is absolutely stunning in old world style homes. I am planning to do this finish on  my foyer ceiling so I'll make sure I show it step by step.


 
 



Pin It

7 comments:

  1. My favorite was the last one and then I saw that I wasn't alone if it is your most popular! Love the look of that!
    -Jamie
    ChatterBlossom

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are gorgeous!!! I don't think I can pick a favorite, they are all beautiful! Have a great weekend!! ~Cindy@littlemisscelebration.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Found you through the blog hop! I really like the first one!
    -Bethany
    http://eatemup121.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bethany! Thanks for stopping by! Can't wait to check out your blog!

      Delete
  4. I love them all! What a creative way to make necklaces. I love the one with the map and the playing card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I do like to decoupage with maps! Have a great week!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...