Sunday, December 9, 2012

Liebster Award



I was so excited to learn that my little blog was nominated for the Leibster Award by Candin at Becoming Native. She has such a great little blog and lives right in my back door (South Carolina). I have been blogging since January, although not as much as I would like. So much of the available information on the internet is in blogs, I decided I wanted to be a part of that. It also keeps my clients connected to whats's going on with me. It's so cool linking to parties, meeting new people and reading all the fun and lovely things being posted. This is such a wonderful way for new/small bloggers to get a boost of self confidence. I love having the opportunity to nominate other bloggers like me! little blog you've got there. Here's an award!" You can't just accept the award. You have to play by the (ever changing) rules and pay it forward. Then you can put the award on your blog for all to see.
About the Liebster Award:
The Liebster Award's origins are pretty much a mystery. Bloggers nominate other bloggers that have 200 or less followers. “Liebster” is German for “favorite,” so this is kind of like the “favorite blog award.” It's basically a "Hey, that's a sweet little blog you've got there. Here's an award!" You can't just accept the award. You have to play by the (ever changing) rules and pay it forward. Then you can put the award on your blog for all to see.

The Rules:
1. List 11 facts about yourself.
2. Answer the 11 questions given to you.
3. Create 11 new questions for the bloggers you nominate for the award.
4. Choose 11 bloggers with 200 or less followers to nominate.
5. Go to each bloggers page and let them know about the award.
6. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.

Here are 11 facts about me :
1. I love waking up early.
2. Sushi is my favorite food.
3. I wish had that clothing style gene, instead of always jeans and t-shirts.
4. Always up for seeing live bands and concerts, except country music.
5. I really dislike reality shows but am now addicted to Buying and Selling.
6. I have a degree in mechanical engineering.
7. I have given up on being a neat freak.
8. I would rather work out outside than in a stuffy gym.
9. Finding a really cool piece of furniture at a steal, energizes me.
10. Although we don't often get snow, I love the quietness it brings.
11. I love entertaining with a house full of family and friends. 

Questions from Candin
1. Where are you from? I am from Concord, North Carolina
2. Why did you start blogging? I began blogging as a way to document my painting projects and give my clients fresh ideas.
3. Dogs or Cats? I am a dog lover, preferably rescued.
4. What are your pet peeves? It drives me crazy when people drive around a parking lot to find a closer spot. Just PARK and walk a bit!
5. What is your favorite holiday tradition (new or old)? At Christmas, I love to make everyone sit with me and watch "It's a Wonderful Life".
6. What do you do to relax? I relax with a glass of wine in my hydrotherapy spa.
7. What t.v. show do you watch the most? Parenthood. Watching all that drama makes my life look like a piece of cake.
8. Early to bed or Early to rise? Both. Can't wake up at 5 am and not go to bed early.
9. What is your comfort food? Lay's potato chips always make me feel better.
10. How attached are you to your cell phone? I don't go anywhere without my cell phone.
11. Do like bottle or tap water? I'm good with tap water that goes through my refrigerator filter.

Questions for my nominees
1. Do you prefer the beach or the mountains?
2. What is your favorite song?
3. What's your favorite day of the week and why?
4. What's your favorite holiday?
5. What movie can you watch over and over?
6. What color do you wear the most?
7. What is your biggest accomplishment so far?
8. How many hours each week do you spend blogging?
9. Salty or sweet favorite treat?
10. Favorite book you've read this year?
11. One thing you don't go anywhere without?

Here are my nominees!!

So go check out some of these blogs and if their content is of interest to you, show them some love and follow them or comment on their posts.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the nomination!!! Just linked back to your lovely blog!
    http://www.blartblog.com/2012/12/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY thank you SO much :) This is SO sweet and I cant wait to wrote my post then pay it forward :) I will get my post done one day This early this week !! Thank you again!!
    Cat @ This Little Life of Mine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! I definitely left neat freak far behind a long time ago. ;-)
    -Jamie
    http://chatterblossom.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for paying it forward! I love knowing you live kind of close :) My husband loves "It's a Wonderful Life"....I have never seen it. I know! He could not believe it either!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...